ADMISSION POLICY & PROCEDURE
The Bay University operates on two semesters in Academic Year
MINIMUM QUALIFICTION FOR ENTRY
The Admission committee formulates the admission policies in accordance with the rules laid down in the charter of the Bay University to apply for admission, the students should have the needed minimum qualifications set forth for each program in view of inconsistency in schedules of examinations conducted by various bodies in Somalia and overseas, applications for entry from students waiting for the results / compartment cases will also be entertained Such applicants, if selected in the admission process, will be granted provisional admissions. These admissions will automatically stand cancelled if such candidates fail to attain the required minimum qualifications before appearing in the university terminal examinations of 2nd semester.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION FOR BACHELOR DEGREE PROGRAM
Candidate who have passed the higher secondary certificate (HSC) / intermediate examination from any board of intermediate and secondary education in Somalia or an equivalent examinations recognized by the Ministry of Education of Federal Government and Ministry of South west of Somalia. are eligible to seek admission for bachelor program.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION FOR master DEGREE PROGRAM
Candidate who holds a Bachelor Degree or its equivalent in an appropriate field of study from a university / of good standing recognized by the Ministry of Education of Federal Government and Ministry of South west of Somalia are eligible to seek admission to master program.
NUMERS OF STUDENTS TO BE ENROLLED LEVEL- WISE
- The BU has regulated class wise enrollment on the basis of available facilities.
- Section wise student’s strength is restricted to 40 at the maximum at Bachelor and Master level classes.
- It’s fairly chalked out to keep teacher and students ratio 1:40 at the maximum in each course of a particular class.
PROCEDURE AND THE CRITERIA OF ADMISSION
Where and how to apply
An application pack containing the application form, prospectus and the necessary information can be obtained from:
Admission Office Situated at
Opposite to Manchester hotel, Near to Berdale – Qasab School Horseed Branch#4aad,Baidoa – Somalia.
- Applications for admission are invited in the beginning of each semester.
- Independent inquires can be made from the Admission office at Bay University.
CRITERIA OF ADMISSIONS
- Strict merit shall be the base and criteria of admissions in various programs of the Bay University.
- The merit shall be determined on the basis of the entry test to be conducted by the Bay University and the criteria set out in this respect by each department.
- The students on transfer from other institutions will also be admitted provided they fulfill minimum requirements of the criteria set out for this purpose by each department of the Bay University subject to the condition that the migrating student is coming from a chartered university.
- The letter of admission to be sent to the selected student, will contain the programmed of orientation, registration enrollment, fee structure and schedule of classes and teaching activities etc.
- Liberal scholarship and stipends as well as fee remissions shall be offered to the deserving students .the students availing the facility of any concession would conspicuously maintain merit in each semester.
- The academic programs of the BAY UNIVERSITY shall be made visible to all segments of the society through advertisement in the printed and electronic media as per feasibility.
The students selected on merit will be associated with the admission process ousting the hurdle and obstacle of financial constraints if any.
Contact the Office of Admission
Afrar irdoodka baydhabo
Bay College of Technology and Sciences
+252619925328 / ±252615442123
Or, get in touch with an admission counselor to learn more about attending Bay University or to get answers to any questions about your application.